Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Healthy Start to your Morning

I can't guarantee that I will post a healthy recipe EVERY day, but I will do my best. Perhaps with you alls help I will be able to manage such a task.

Email me (superfitandfab@gmail.com) your FAVORITE HEALTHY recipe and I will post it for all to see.

A few months ago when we were in Idaho, my brother in law busted out this shake/smoothie if you will. He asked if I wanted to try it. Ya. Right. It's green. I am will not eat green eggs and ham. I do not like them Sam I am. Those were my initial thoughts.

I tried it. I had to close my eyes, because seriously, just to warn you, it looks like poo. I know. You are thinking well why would you post a recipe on the blog if it looked like poo. Well friends I am glad you asked. Because. IT IS YUMMY! Really. It is. And it only has 169 calories. OK this may seem weird and odd and gross and GREEN, but TRUST me it is GOOD.
Eat it for Breakfast, Lunch, OR as a snack, but seriously, you must TRY it.

And please, Don't Knock It, Till YOU Try It.
At least 3 times.
If you don't like it after that... we can still be friends.
That is if you still want to :)

Fruit Smoothie
by Tyler Overall

1 cup water
3 cups Spinach (20 cal)
8 frozen strawberries OR 8 regular strawberries (49 cal)
1 medium banana (100 cal)
Some ice if you used non frozen strawberries

Put all in a blender. I like to put the water in with the Spinach first because it blends better. Then I add the banana and then the strawberries. You can then add ice if you like.

You can also add your own kinds of fruit to it. Just remember the banana gives it volume (looks like more, but really isn't, if that is your thing) If you use frozen fruit, you don't need ice. If you use berries, it will be less green. Just sayin.

****Please please please, before you DON'T partake of this shake again, make it 3 times. It is tasty, you just have to get pass the green. Trust me. It is good. And you will like it.

ENJOY!!!

PS Did you notice that there are 3 SERVINGS of fruit in this blend? Only two more the rest of the day!!!!

1 comment:

superpaige said...

I made a fun smoothie last night that was also weird looking but yummy. I used about two cups of carrot juice, which gave it a nice orange color, 3 frozen bananas, some canned crushed pineapple and a non fat peach yogurt. It was so good, my kids were asking me to make it again (and they don't usually do that)!